Coaches have the following responsibilities:
- Attend Coaches’ Training: All new coaches must attend the mandatory 7-hour training session. There is no fee for the training and VCS employees receive 7 in-service points.
- Serve as a role model for young girls and understand and believe in the mission of Girls on the Run®.
- Have background check (provided).
- Become CPR and First Aid certified (provided).
- Attend Coaches’ Meetings as required.
- Prepare for and supervise 24 one hour long lessons in a manner consistent with the GOTR® philosophy and curriculum.
- Find a suitable substitute for any occasion when she cannot be available to teach.
- Coordinate the participation in the end of season 5k race/walk.
- Plan and coordinate the end of season celebration.